Veterans, Active Duty, Guard & Reserve, and Spouses
The Purpose of This Program
To say “Thank You for Your Service” to all military families by providing a straight-forward business opportunity to improve family time, get ahead in life, and earn money. If you are an honorably discharged veteran, active duty, guard or reserves (including Coast Guard), or spouse – you qualify for this program.
Why We’re Doing This – by Lonnie Helgerson, Co-Founder of IslandTime Treasures
“Let me begin by saying there are no gimmicks here. As an U.S. Army veteran, I fully understand the amount of nonsense that is marketed to us everyday by people and organizations claiming to be veteran and military friendly this and that. What you will find here is an honest opportunity to easily start a small business that you and/or your spouse can operate on a part-time to full-time basis and immediately start earning extra money.
My wife Linette and I started this business in our garage as a way to earn extra money for vacations and spend more time with our children as a family business. We certainly didn’t expect it to grow like it has, and we couldn’t be more excited than getting the opportunity to share it with like-minded folks such as you. If you like having fun and enjoy being around kids and people, this business is for you!
We put this program together as a way for us to give back and say thank you for your service to this great country. But even more so, because we believe that this business can make a difference in peoples lives. It has certainly has for us, and we hope that it can help you too.” - Lonnie Helgerson
The Program – $3,500 Turn-Key with Inventory!
IslandTime Treasures provides the following benefits for all qualified veterans and their spouse. This $3,500 turn-key program (normally $7,500) includes everything you need to start your business and begin making money.
- $3,500 initial fee includes turn-key comprehensive start up equipment and inventory package.
- Includes $3,600 of initial retail inventory value (double the normal amount).
- Initial training & on-going support.
“The minute I saw IslandTime Treasures, I knew I wanted to be a part of it. The flexibility of the business allows me to operate around my work and military schedules, as well tap into my military team building skills. I love it!”
- Tommy Watson, IslandTime Treasures Indian Trail, NC.
Imagine Earning Over $2,900.00 at a Single Event!*
In 2013, one of our awesome franchise owners did just that! While not every event will generate that much in sales – our franchisees enjoyed an average of $345.00 per event last year, with an average gross margin of 85-90%! And because events we attend typically run 5-8 hours long – that means you could be earning between $43.12 – $69.00 per hour! And having a whole lot of fun doing it!
In Addition Our Locations Average:*
- $153.00 on Birthday Parties which typically last 2-3 hours, earning $52.00 – $78.00 per hour!
- $230.00 on School & Summer Camps which typically last 3-4 hours, earning $57.50 – $76.66 per hour!
Where in the world can you find a part-time job that pays you this much per hour?
Imagine making great money, controlling your own schedule, and getting small business tax deductions for the things you already own and pay for, such as cell phone charges, laptop expense, vehicle expense, and more.
So How Can You Make This Kind of Money as an IslandTime Treasures Owner?
It’s quite easy actually! We are in the business of making people incredibly happy. We just happen to do that by providing our guests with an awesome do-it-yourself crafting experience that provides them with a unique memorable keepsake they will have forever.
As an IslandTime Treasures owner, you will provide that experience in four different ways:
- Public Events and Festivals - Easy to find if you know where and what you’re looking for. Even easier to attend… Just contact the event coordinator to sign-up, pay your booth fee (which is usually quite affordable), and go make money. Don’t fret! We will train you in-depth on this during your initial training session. Most events and festivals you will attend are in the Summer and Fall, although many public events are held in malls and convention centers throughout the Winter.
- Birthday & Corporate Parties - We have parents ask us all the time about birthday parties when they see us at events or festivals. You will love doing birthdays and corporate parties because they usually take very little time and effort to do. We will teach you how to collect interested parents information, market to them, and how to efficiently conduct them. Last year, our franchise owners in Orlando provided party services to the Atlanta Braves baseball team. The team loved IslandTime so much, they invited them back again this year!! For locations further North, the Winter can get mighty cold. No worries friend… birthday and corporate parties are mostly indoors and you can do them all year long.
- Schools, Daycares, and Summer Camps - More and more schools (both public & private), daycares, preschools, PTO, PTA, YMCA, and summer camp providers are contacting IslandTime Treasures to conduct a project for class or for fundraising. Again many of them discover us at events. And you will especially like doing them because they typically have a larger number of kids, and in some instances will prepay for it. For fundraising activities there are a variety of flexible options that we provide, as each one can be a little different. These activities are usually most active from Fall through early Summer, but are becoming more steady throughout the year. In addition to your initial training for these types of programs, we will coach you as needed when working with them.
- Partnering With Attractions - Attractions and resorts absolutely love us! Why? Because we differentiate them from all the others and increase the guest experience at their property. Many of our IslandTime Treasures owners have part-time partnerships (some nearly full-time) where they provide our build-your-own craft experience at resorts, zoos, waterparks, retail establishments and other amazingly cool places. We can’t tell you all of our secret sauce about how we get into these establishments on this webpage – but we can tell you that you will be thoroughly trained and supported on this program as a member of the IslandTime family! Nearly all of our locations have these types of relations, and many of them are indoors which makes the cold winter days much more enjoyable!
Your Benefits of IslandTime Treasures Small Business Ownership!
- Take advantage of small business tax incentives.
- Has incredible profit margins of 85-90%.
- Is a fun family centered business.
- Markets itself when setup and open – guests love our bright orange canopy.
- Is a mobile business with no high-dollar real estate requirements.
- Is an affordable franchise with a low investment.
- Is a unique, exciting, and entertaining lifestyle business.
- Is home-based with a very low overhead.
- Earns great extra money for your family.
- Operates part-time, so you can control your own schedule.
The Weekender Franchise
Own a Mobile Business That Can “Pop-Up” Anywhere!
Enjoy the freedom of a home-based business to make money! You will receive a minimum protected territory of 100,000 in population and your franchise investment includes as comprehensive start-up package that contains EVERYTHING you need to begin making money.
Grow Your Territory With Cool Equipment!
Whether you’re building additional teams for events, expanding into a theme park, or need added mobility, we have the secondary tools available to keep you growing such as our highly mobile Dock Cart and it’s larger brother the Treasure Cart!
Our Model of Success:
We’ll Get You Trained and Making Money Quickly!
- Complete turn-key Start-up Package is included with your initial fee.
- Start-up Package includes equipment, inventory, supplies, marketing materials, and much more.
- Distance learning on business setup prior to initial training.
- 2-days Initial Training held in beautiful Sarasota, Florida.
- Full start-up marketing assistance.
- New Business setup manual.
We Will Provide You With World-Class On-Going Training & Support!
- A seasoned management team with over 30 years of building national brands.
- On-going training and support provided by the home office.
- Annual IslandTime family conference.
- Online Operations Manuals.
- Online centralized purchasing system.
- Back office “cloud based” system includes email, owner support, operation manuals, event calendaring, contacts, and document storage.
- Our newsletter - The Sand Paper.
- A localized Facebook page for your business.
- On-going operational best practices sharing.
- Franchisee and Marketing Advisory Council.
Find Out How to Receive a CUSTOM TREASURE and View Our Franchise Virtual Brochure!
Take the next step below and tell us a little about yourself and your goals. In return we will send you a link to our Franchise Information Virtual Brochure – where you will learn much more about the business AND how you can get a customer treasure express shipped to you.
We’re excited to hear from you today!